I'm sure some of you thought I had fallen off the face of the Earth. Well, you aren't that lucky. A lot has happened in the past 20 or so days. I'll give y'all a quick run down of what our little band of troublemakers have been up to.
The first week of December Michael FINALLY came home. In typical (insert military branch here), at first the plane was on time, then 45 minutes early, then 90 minutes late, then landed on time. Then there were problems with the bus and they finally arrived at Horno two hours late, in the rain. It didn't matter that my hair was ruined, makeup was gone and I had put my heels on too soon. It was just wonderful to be by his side again. We will be married 3 years this month, Michael had been gone 27 of those.
Since the unit came home before we planed, imagine that, I returned home to Kiwi and waited for Daddy to arrive. The day finally came and again, just my luck it was a horrible snow storm. It took us longer than we planned to bet back to Idaho, but we eventually got there. I didn't cry. I thought I would but I didn't. Kiwi was a little unsure of her Daddy at first, but within a few minute and a bottle, she was infatuated with him. I haven't even been a blip on the radar since then. She occasionally wants me...occasionally.
We were able to meet up with our good friends the Donny's and meet his beautiful wife. I'm hoping as our lives move forward we can live closer to each other. Although, I'm worried about the boys behaving, I've heard stories.
The three of us were able to attend Auntie A and Uncle S's wedding. It was pretty special to be there, especially since it was so close to our own anniversary. I love the fact that we get to sit in on 5 more weddings as the younger siblings get married. While Auntie A was BEAUTIFUL, I think Kiwi stole the show. Most of the family hadn't seen her and she's a pretty cute little stink.
Just over a week ago, Michael along with too many people to name individually, blessed Kiwi. It was a beautiful blessing for our beautiful angel. It was even more special considering most of those who came had to brave yet another storm. Thanks to my mom for throwing the lunch.
It came time to say goodbye, and so we did. It took us 14.5 hours to get to California. The first 12 hours went wonderful. Then Kiwi got tired and hot in her car seat and Asher's sedatives started to wear off. We were scared the housing office wouldn't let us sign papers right then, but Michael played the baby card and they let us sign, so we came to our new home. Its pretty cute and larger than we have ever lived in.
All in all we are happy to be together.
The first week of December Michael FINALLY came home. In typical (insert military branch here), at first the plane was on time, then 45 minutes early, then 90 minutes late, then landed on time. Then there were problems with the bus and they finally arrived at Horno two hours late, in the rain. It didn't matter that my hair was ruined, makeup was gone and I had put my heels on too soon. It was just wonderful to be by his side again. We will be married 3 years this month, Michael had been gone 27 of those.
Since the unit came home before we planed, imagine that, I returned home to Kiwi and waited for Daddy to arrive. The day finally came and again, just my luck it was a horrible snow storm. It took us longer than we planned to bet back to Idaho, but we eventually got there. I didn't cry. I thought I would but I didn't. Kiwi was a little unsure of her Daddy at first, but within a few minute and a bottle, she was infatuated with him. I haven't even been a blip on the radar since then. She occasionally wants me...occasionally.
We were able to meet up with our good friends the Donny's and meet his beautiful wife. I'm hoping as our lives move forward we can live closer to each other. Although, I'm worried about the boys behaving, I've heard stories.
Just over a week ago, Michael along with too many people to name individually, blessed Kiwi. It was a beautiful blessing for our beautiful angel. It was even more special considering most of those who came had to brave yet another storm. Thanks to my mom for throwing the lunch.
It came time to say goodbye, and so we did. It took us 14.5 hours to get to California. The first 12 hours went wonderful. Then Kiwi got tired and hot in her car seat and Asher's sedatives started to wear off. We were scared the housing office wouldn't let us sign papers right then, but Michael played the baby card and they let us sign, so we came to our new home. Its pretty cute and larger than we have ever lived in.
All in all we are happy to be together.



More posts! More posts! :)
ReplyDelete