Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

What we do for our kids...

Child rearing has changed. (You: No! Say it isn't so!) There is a whole new world of options out there. People get very judgy about what you do or don't do. I'm not that type of person. I think as long as your kid is happy, healthy and growing, you are doing an awesome job. I've picked up a couple crunchy things. So in an effort to tell a hilarious story, I'll reveal one and some of you will think I'm nuts. But that's cool. 

A few weeks ago, I read an interesting article. It was the particular things a woman did for her child. One of them I have found very interesting. She tasted everything that went in her child's mouth. And I mean EVERYTHING. For some reason this struck a chord with me.

Have you ever tasted Gerber First Stage Bananas? Ya. Doesn't taste like bananas. It has a banana like taste, but there's something else in there, probably the preservatives. That's a whole other post though. Anyway, I have seriously been tasting what goes in her mouth. I however drew the line at formula. When I was struggling with Kiwi eating well, I started talking to Grandpa J and Grandma D. We thought maybe the iron was making her belly upset, but no. The amounts were the same on all 3 formulas. Being a new mother and rather insecure about my instincts, I asked what they thought.

In a heroic gesture, Grandpa J offered to taste them to see if that was the problem. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he tasted formula. You see, Grandpa is a super taster. When I wanted to perfect my Snickerdoodle recipe, he was my test subject. He discern the minute differences that make food go from mediocre to awesome. Now, I cant walk near BEQ with cookies or I'll get mugged. So, Grandpa J's first course was Soy. It was described as horrible, bitter and disgusting. The second course was Enfacare. This was received much better, tinny but sweet. With that information, it was decided we would officially switch to the Enfacare. Thanks to Grandpa J, Kiwi is now eating better. So everybody wins!




No comments:

Post a Comment